Whether the space is small or large, one of the most-used rooms in our homes needs to be a cosy, inviting retreat. But how can you make this private space seem like a luxurious sanctuary, on a budget? Here are the top five ways to give one of the most important rooms in your home a gorgeous design upgrade:
1. Show off the wallpaper: Decorating your bathroom with a beautiful wallpaper can not only make a style statement, but also make your bathroom feel roomier – it’s one of the best ways to inject charm into your bathroom without taking up any space
2. Bring in some nature: who said greenery was only for your living room or bedroom? A hint of nature in your bathroom with some plants will not only look striking, it will also help purify the air in the room, not to mention helping lower anxiety and stress.
3. Organise, organise, organise: Keep things tidy in the room that’s meant to be zen by hiding clutter in storage baskets and trays – toiletries and supplies like unhung towels and neatly folded linen can go in cute little wicker baskets, and they in turn can go into bathroom cabinets or hanging shelves - or a ladder like this one for extra style points!
4. Rug it up: While white will give that fresh and clean look, pops of colour are as important in creating a standout bathroom. And the easiest way to make any bathroom go from boring to striking is to add a contemporary, vibrant area rug in a bold colour.
5. Light it up: get creative with lighting fixtures in your bathroom. A good lamp, especially a pendant one, can make the area feel more relaxed, even if your bathroom is tiny, and give it a luxurious, soothing, spa-like vibe!