Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Price on request
This lavish villa is distinguished by impeccably decorated interiors, including exquisite chandeliers, imported antique flooring, floor-to-ceiling doors and windows and a tranquil outdoor oasis with two private garden retreats featuring antique French fountains. Enter the 5,400-square-foot home via a private, trellised walkway, draped with lush vines leading visitors to an arched double front door entry.
A European-style floor plan wraps around a pool to take full advantage of the exterior paradise. A rich colour palette features rooms of white, blue, burgundy and green, highlighted by black eight-foot interior doors. In the main living room the ample natural light highlights a wall inlaid with a unique panda marble slab while in the library the floor-to-ceiling bookshelves are a bibliophile's dream.
Underfoot the flooring comprises high-quality handmade oak, granite and marble. In the chef's kitchen, top range stainless steel appliances complement beautiful blue cabinetry and a soap stone island blending with the antique Carrera marble floors. An opulent master suite includes his and her en suites with barrel-vaulted glass ceilings. The guest quarters features a great room with a black Kilkenny Irish marble fireplace circa 1820, a second living room with grass cloth flooring, and a sunken dining room also with Carrera marble flooring.
Living in the USA's largest state and the city of Fort Worth offers a huge range of benefits:
- The modern, thriving hub of Fort Worth boasts cultural highlights such as the international art centre Kimbell Art Museum, with stunning architecture designed by Louis I. Kahn, and the Amon Carter Museum of American Art.
- The Fort Worth Stockyards, home to rodeos, and Hall of Fame honours pioneers, make up a fascinating historical district spanning 98 acres.
- Beautiful botanic gardens and the famed Fort Worth Water Gardens offer refreshing oases of calm in the exciting urban centre of the city.
- Less than an hour's drive from Fort Worth is the region's commercial and cultural hub, Dallas.
- From desert badlands and swimmable coastlines to lush mountains and sprawling prairies, the state of Texas offers much in the way of natural beauty for lovers of the outdoors, as well as a rich musical heritage, an abundance of historical sites and picturesque communities both large and small.