Home décor enthusiasts have the opportunity to learn about interior styling and top decorating tips in an easy, accessible way with an insightful workshop hosted by Tatiana Jaramillo and Monica Durou, the talented duo behind Dubai-based interior design and styling boutique C’est ici.
The workshop takes place on Wednesday September 26, 6.30pm to 9pm, at the Home and Soul showroom on Al Wasl Road, Jumeirah, and is intended for anyone who wants to freshen up their home with some quick fixes to achieve a smart, new look without major expenditure. C’est ici will provide advice on making the most of what you have and sourcing additions on a low budget, with practical and stylish ideas for furniture, soft furnishings, walls, floors, lighting, art and accessories. The workshop will be hands-on with lots of fun, interactive ways to try out their ideas in your own way.
What to expect:
This is a workshop designed for those who want to take a risk and go for the unexpected. Wild colours and patterns will be at the heart of the event, with top tips for adding "wow factor" and moving out of your comfort zone.
The workshop will be structured in two stages:
1. C'est ici's six essential guidelines to add drama to your home, focusing on:
• Get to know your style, and how to identify your style as a starting point.
• Detect drama in interior décor and factors that will help you step outside your comfort zone.
• Identifying focal points with tips on being bold and daring without going overboard, with a focus on pattern, colour and wallpaper.
• Exploring the "XL effect" and adding drama to a home. This will be applied through accessories, plants, mirrors and lamps.
• Selecting and curating art and the importance of art in a home.
• Tips to think outside the box and add a touch of the unexpected.
2. An interactive group case study, to practice the above six tips using Home and Soul's new furniture and accessories collections. Each group will be given a client brief and they will need to style a designated area in the Home and Soul showroom with accessories and surprise items.
- Wednesday September 26, 6.30pm to 9pm
- Home and Soul, villa 6, Al Wasl Road, Jumeirah
- Tickets cost Dh200 per person
If you'd like to attend, go to the Home and Soul registration page.
Photography by Natalee Cocks